Clone Wars season seven episode one a great return to form

Episode one of the seventh season of the Clone Wars is a true return to form and fantastic way to start off the new and final season.

Many fans were left wondering about The Clone Wars as the show ended in a cliffhanger, leaving fans questioning if a new season would be announced.

But at San Diego Comic Con 2018, Disney/Lucasfilms announced the continuation would be coming to their streaming service, Disney+.

Now that the first episode is out, does it live up to the expectations of the fans?

This season mostly takes place closer to the beginning of Revenge of The Sith. As the Clone Wars is nearing the end of conflict, Anakin Skywalker and Mace Windu lead a group of clones to guard and protect a Republic shipyard by Admiral Trench of the Separatist Alliance.

With trying to stop the Separatist attack on the shipyard, Clone Commander Cody and Captain Rex get the help of Clone Force 99 otherwise know as the “Bad Batch,” four clone troopers who were born with genetic mutations that enhances their skills becoming the Republic’s best batch of clones to get any job done.

Both clone leaders have to team up with these four clones to stop the attack, protect their base and uncover the reason as to why the droid army keeps correctly predicting their armies plans.

The story for this episode is great, getting straight to the point and right into the action, introducing us to the final battles of the Clone Wars. It also gives some more character to Captain Rex, seeing his struggle of not wanting to lose anymore soldiers.

The new clone troopers was a nice inclusion to the series with each of the four having unique personalities and different traits making them a great addition to the Star Wars franchise.

The good thing about this series is that it’s an anthology series so anyone can watch any episode without having to know or watch any previous episodes. It’s perfect for casual audiences that don’t want or have time to watch and catch up with the show.

The pacing for the episode was pretty well done, with each scene playing the right amount of time and not being too slow or fast.

The ending of the episode shocked fans of the series, seeing how it could impact the next episode.

Overall, episode one of season seven started off strong with the next episode probably continuing where this episode left off.

Any fans of the show Mandalorian will get a kick out of this season as it will be the last series to finish off at the end of Revenge of The Sith.

4.5/5 – A great start to the season and a great beginning to the end of the series.

Oscar Torres
Oscar Torres, Co-Arts and Entertainment Editor
Oscar Torres is one of the Co-Arts & Entertainment editors here in Cerritos college. He’s been wanting to study journalism since high school and since then he’s been working hard to continue his goal. He enjoys all things entertainment from manga, film, shows/cartoons, music and video games. Oscar hopes to transfer to CSULA to continue his career in journalism in hope of one day working in a news group that he is passionate about or starting his own brand for all things entertainment.