Jason Jenn displays a metallic masterpiece at Cerritos College

“A Field Guide To The Timelessness of Now” can be seen on the fine arts building at Cerritos College from Oct. 10th – 23rd.

Jason Jenn constructed an exhibition titled “A Field Guide To The Timelessness of Now,” which represents the reminiscence of custom arranged mandalas within nature. The exhibit runs from Oct. 10 – Oct. 23.

Jason Jenn is an interdisciplinary multimedia artist who’s performed in various roles ranging from a performer to a director. He is passionate about getting his viewers to connect with the symbolism infused into his work.

This piece of art contains visible leaves painted with metallic colors to capture the focus of viewers.

Jenn has created an aesthetic experience for his audience as they realize how complex but powerful the details are within the golden leaves.

By using natural materials from Cerritos College’s own campus, Jenn aims to re-establish a connection between the natural world and the viewer.

Jenn intends to show that despite the leaves being dried up in a form of death, that they still hold enormous beauty. The beauty is very abundant and can be viewed in the window dressing of the fine arts building at Cerritos College.

When looking at the complex and custom arrangement of the golden leaves, it raises curiosity within the viewer’s mind.

Jenn paid close attention to details of the metallic leaves shown in his art display. There are different metallic shades that are aesthetically pleasing.
Jenn paid close attention to details of the metallic leaves shown in his art display. There are different metallic shades that are aesthetically pleasing. Photo credit: Fatima Durrani

Jenn mentioned that humanity these days are very disconnected from the natural environment. He hopes to show viewers how nature offers spirituality and holiness.

The alumni from the University of Iowa explained that the process of nature is beautiful since after the decomposition of plants it’s able to feed other forms of life.

The mandalas in the display represent a historical focus as the viewer learns how to connect with the beauty in nature.

Jenn mentions how there’s always an element of surprise involved in the way nature works and that his work is a huge display of that.

Nature works in unexpected ways with unique shapes and designs. The metallic leaves in the display are a perfect example of how each leaf carries its own complex design.

It’s beyond interesting to see the way every metallic leaf is arranged. Jenn ensured to put forth time, effort and passion as he gave viewers the chance to see natural beauty.

Jenn displayed his artwork which shows the process of decomposition that leaves go through in a natural cycle.
Jenn displayed his artwork which shows the process of decomposition that leaves go through in a natural cycle. Photo credit: Fatima Durrani

Viewers can interpret his work into their own meaning of what nature means to them which gives them the chance to think outside the box.

A Field Guide To The Timelessness Of Now runs from Oct. 10 until Oct. 23rd at Cerritos College in the fine arts building.

If you’re someone who loves nature or the beauty of golden colors because of how aesthetically pleasing they are, it’s highly recommended to take a stop by and view Jenn’s beautiful masterpiece of nature.

Fatima Durrani, Opinion Editor
Fatima Durrani is the Opinion Editor & c0-online editor for Talon Marks. She is a Journalism major for Pre-law, and this is her last semester at Talon Mark before she transfers to a university. In addition to reporting, Fatima enjoys singing, editing photos, creating short films and reading poetry.