Cabinet discusses possible mascot ideas, Phi Theta Kappa project

ASCC President Miles Aiello spoke about Cerritos College core values in regards to sustainability during the Dec. 1 Cabinet meeting.

“To aptly develop in students the knowledge, skills and values that prepare them to be productive participants in the global community, it is with this perspective that Cerritos College is committed to creating a campus environment which fosters sustainability,” he said.

Aiello said Cerritos is behind on sustainability compared to other schools, but that the sustainability initiative is off to a great start on campus.

While this initiative has six main goals, three of them are close to being reached.

Cabinet engaged in a discussion of possible ways to get students involved in naming the Cerritos mascot this upcoming spring.

Several ideas were put out there, but the most leading one was to get students to do online polls to get a name for the mascot.

This idea is still not official. There were several other ideas thrown out there to get students to vote; nonetheless, the ideas are still up for discussion.

One of the last topics discussed was the Phi Theta Kappa College Project that is going on this week on campus.

The PTK project will be Dec. 3 and 4 in the SS patio, and Falcon Square from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Jennifer Medina
Jennifer Medina, Staff Writer
Fall 2014 Hello, My Name is Jennifer Medina, I am 18 years old and I am a Broadcast Journalism student. After graduating from cerritos college with an AA in journalism, I plan on transfering to UC Berkeley and there persue my Broadcast Journalism career. I believe I can do anything I set my mind to do, therefore; my goal for this career is to become a television co-host and my ultimate goal would be to become the host of my own show. I aspire a lot of things in life, and at my short age I am learning powerful and useful lessons for whats ahead of me. I love learning, I love people, and I love life. I love going through everyday and seeing what heaven throws for me every single day. I love the people I spend my everyday with, but for me the most important of all the people though, is my family. My mom is a mom of four children, myself and three brothers, and I am so grateful for them. I can't wait for what has yet to come in my life.