Aguas sends Falcons to CCCAA final four

Jazmin Aguas’ last-minute goal helped Cerritos College advance to the California Community College Athletic Association Final Four with a 2-1 win over Cypress College.

The Falcons managed to score two goals against the Chargers, compared to the 18 goals the Falcons scored in the previous three games.

Head Coach Ruben Gonzalez said that the low scoring affair was due to the Falcons not getting many shots and the solid defense from the Chargers.

Gonzalez noted that his teams constant pressure throughout the game helped them win the game.

“We didn’t play one of our better games but you got to give the other team credit, (Cypress College) came out and played. They had a game plan and they stuck to it,” he said.

Aguas said that the Falcons had better players and finishers, and overall thought that the Falcons were a better team than the Chargers.

Aguas, who missed some clear shots before her game-winning goal, described the last play.

“It was actually my friend’s ball, but I just saw it coming and it kind of twisted toward me and I literally grabbed her by the shoulder and I stepped in front of her,” she said.

The Falcons will play against Fresno City College in the CCCAA Final Four semifinals held at Mt. San Antonio College on Dec. 5 at 7 p.m.

Luis Guzman
Luis Guzman, Managing Multimedia Editor
Fall 2014 Hey guys and gals, my name is Luis Guzman. I am journalism student at Cerritos College, I’ve been going there for about three years now. I have been involved with Talon Marks, the newspaper for Cerritos College, for five semesters. I have done mostly everything there is to do in Talon Marks; covering breaking news, page design, video production, podcast production, and photography. I like to read in my off time, mostly books about science fiction and horror. I also like to write fiction of my own, mostly poetry and short fiction. The career I have in mind would involve anything that has to do with creative writing and maybe writing some articles for newspapers here and there.