Jacob Graham looks to pass to an open teammate in Sept. 16 games against Cal Tech. Cerritos won the game winning 20-7.
Christian Gonzales

Falcons secure two home game wins

The men’s water polo team defeated Rio Hondo College and Cal Tech College on Wednesday Sept. 16 at home.

The Falcons defeated Rio Hondo College 24-5.

Cerritos College earned a pair of wins taking both games easily from both teams.

The day started off with Cerritos College playing against Rio Hondo College, which was the first conference game of the season for the team.

Sophomore utility Matthew Skinas had a team high in goals scoring four goals.

After the first match Cerritos College then hosted a second game against Cal Tech College as the team defeated Cal Tech 20-7 in a non-conference game.

Freshman Utility Angel Rojas had a team high in goals scoring six goals.

Head coach Joe Abing said, “We played well it was a good opportunity for a lot of guys to get some playing time.”

“Hopefully we have good momentum and get inspired to have good practices,” Abing said on the next two games this Wednesday.

The team had a total of 44 goals in the two games played.

Sophomore utility Peter Roldan had a total of three goals in the two games.

Roldan said, “I think these were interesting games we came over here to accomplish something a certain defense and a certain offense and we were able to do that and the scoreboard goes and reflects that.”

Cerritos is now 5-3 in the season and will play a pair of games this Wednesday against Los Angeles Valley College and Cal Lutheran University at Cal Lutheran University.

Christian Gonzales
Christian Gonzales, Sports Editor
Hi, my name is Christian Gonzales. This fall semester I am the Sports Editor for Talon Marks. This is my third year at Cerritos college. I enjoy talking about sports like basketball, football, tennis,and soccer. IG:ChrisG_Sports Twitter:ChrisG_Sports