Free Speech Zones: What Are Your Thoughts on Artificial Intelligence?

Dillon Laurer
Nathan Nolasczo explains how artificial intelligence has its pros and cons.

Nathan Nolasczo, Electrical Engineering

“I have mixed feelings on the subject of AI, it can become abusive if not used correctly. It has the potential to push automation and take jobs from people, and so there should be oversight so that it doesn’t get out of control.”

Arian Baniasdi, Undecided

“I think it’s revolutionary for human civilization, the fact that we were able to progress this far into it is amazing. However, there can be consequences if it’s not handled right, and mankind has a reputation for handling things like this very wrong. If it’s used right it can be amazing, but we’ll see if we get there.”

Narreet Kaur, Nursing

“I actually did an essay on this last semester, but I feel like AI is going to take over the world. I just feel like it is currently and going to have more of a negative impact on the world in the future. My essay was on how AI was and could be used in war, and something that I read was that in the Israel and Hamas war there was a fake voice generation made where it was saying that Israel was going to have their water shut off and be bombed, but it was just a fake voice that was made up. Stuff like that is just really scary to think of.”

Dillon Laurer
Dillon Laurer, Staff Writer
Dillon Laurer is a staff writer for Talon Marks. He enjoys playing & watching sports, playing video games, cooking and working on cars. He also plays football at Cerritos College and hopes to transfer in May.
Carl Vaca
Carl Vaca, Staff Writer
Carl Vaca is a staff writer for Talon Marks. He enjoys watching and covering sports as well as listening to music. He hopes to become a sports journalist someday for a major sports company such as ESPN. His goal is to transfer to a four-year university to pursue his sports journalism dreams.
Moises Lopez
Moises Lopez, Editorial Cartoonist
Moises Lopez is the staff Editorial Cartoonist and has enjoyed winning a JACC award for Talon Marks in a previous semester. He also plans on transferring with a Major in Political Science and Minor in Journalism.