Gordita Eateries: Grill’Em All

“Our restaurant is like a clubhouse with better than average burgers”

Gordita Eateries is heading to a quaint little area of Alhambra, California where burgers and beer are making a big presence in this small community.

Starting as a food truck in 2009, Grill’ Em All gained popularity for creating unique and glorious gourmet burgers on the Food Network show, “Great Food Truck Race,” in which they won victoriously.

They were also featured on “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” on the Food Network, where it showcases the delectable burgers up close.

This is no ordinary burger joint that could be found anywhere. This is for the freaks; for the people who do not mind getting down and dirty for the love of mouth-watering burgers; for the people who enjoy good music and great beer that is catered to your liking.

Matt Chernus and Ryan Harkins are food truck entrepreneurs who originated these appetizing burgers, beer and fries for everyone of all shapes and sizes.

Alhambra may be a quiet city in the San Gabriel Valley, but Grill’ Em All is making the city flood in with hungry customers who crave their burgers and heavy metal-themed brews. Let’s just say this place rocks.

“We are just doing what feels is fun and exciting,” Chernus said.

“We wanted to create a restaurant that fit the counter culture, but still served great food,” Chernus added, “At this place, you’ll be hearing music from the classic heavy metal bands such as Metallica, Anthrax, Behemoth, Black Sabbath and the list goes on and on.”

“Our restaurant is like a clubhouse with better than average burgers,” he said.

This place is breaking normal burger boundaries and it’s absolutely wild how their creations work beautifully once taking that first bite into these delectable, monstrous burgers.

The most popular burger is the Behemoth, named famously after the Polish blackened death metal band from Gdańsk.

This burger consists of cheddar grilled cheese buns that are toasted and melted to absolute cheesiness, barbecue sauce, thick-sliced bacon cooked to perfection, grilled onions and lastly, pickles.

You can choose how you want your burger patty cooked. In my opinion, go with medium-rare. It gives it that perfect taste that ties in all of the elements together like a symphony.

TM Rebecca Aguila
The Winger is that classic cheeseburger that can always be enjoyed if you are not into the crazy flavorful combos Grill’em All has to offer.

However, if you’re looking for that classic burger, go with the Winger aka the Stewart. Man oh, man, was this the most delicious burger I’ve ever had!

Buns toasted to perfection, meat cooked in my favor, and they hook it up with the thousand island sauce. You have not had a real burger until you’ve had this one.

I guarantee you, one bite and you’re bound to be seduced completely as if you were watching a Santanico Pandemonium.

Most of the burgers they serve can also be made vegan as well.

Next up on the list is, the Primate Fries. These sublime potatoes are fried to perfection then topped with thick slices of cheddar cheese, thousand island dressing and caramelized grilled onions.

TM Rebecca Aguila
These primate fries are to die for with their grilled onions, thousand island dressing, cheddar cheese and golden potatoes friend to ultimate sublime.

These fries are definitely approved by this gordita.

They even have these out of world wings called the Hawk wings which are tossed in homemade, honey chipotle sauce cooked in duck fat, which is only available on Sundays.

All of this comes together with, of course, BEER! Grill’ Em provides high percentage beers that are on tap and awaiting your presence to enjoy the atmosphere and food.

Visit this burger joint and you’ll never look at burgers and beer the same way. You can visit their Instagram and website for their menus and burgers of the month

Rebecca Aguila, Multimedia Editor
Rebecca Aguila is the currently Multi-media editor and is a 22-year-old student who is majoring Journalism who is set to graduate Spring 2021. Her dream is to create a multi-media production company that is internationally available for an array of content creators. She is a lover of all types of food and will eventually be the creator and producer of food documentary series that highlights the authentic dishes throughout the world.