‘Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candance Against the Universe’ review

This+is+the+second+film+that+Disney+has+made+on+the+Phineas+and+Ferb+show.+A+third+film+is+also+in+the+works+with+the+success+and+popularity+of+the+series.+
pixy.org
This is the second film that Disney has made on the Phineas and Ferb show. A third film is also in the works with the success and popularity of the series.

Phineas and Ferb is a show that many people have enjoyed watching since it was first shown in 2007-2008 and since then has spawned a ton of seasons and an animated movie, with the second film finally available to watch exclusively on Disney+.

It has been over five years since the last episode of Phineas and Ferb and with the announcement and release of their second movie, does it capture the essence of what the show has?

Let’s start with the plot, it takes place in the middle of the season, having failed to bust her brothers Candance feels like the universe is against her which leaves her feeling like she is meaningless. Suddenly an alien race abducts her and takes her to a their planet.

It’s up to Phineas, Ferb, and their friends to head up to space and save Candace. Along the way, Perry follows them wanting to save one of his family members.

The story is pretty well done albeit farfetched but let’s face it, Phineas and Ferb is a show with a lot of farfetched stuff in it so it is not a weird thing to have. Considering that they’ve been to space before many times so it’s not a big weird thing to have as a plot.

The characters are all great and just like in the show and first film, with the favorite being Perry the Platypus. It is always enjoying to see him do these crazy things while not being spotted by the cast, it’s actually pretty funny the way he does things while not getting caught.

The voice acting is really solid with all of the actors from the TV show reprising their roles, and to be frank it feels nostalgic to be hearing the voices again with having watched the show for so long it just feels like a trip down memory lane.

The jokes are actually pretty funny, many fans would get a good laugh. There are some fourth wall breaking moments halfway during the movie that got a big reaction, it is both clever and funny to see.

The animation is pretty solid as the animators have gotten a bigger budget to do stuff that isn’t possible to do in a 20-minute cartoon. But even then the movement and colors of the movie are outstanding and really bring it out more.

The music is was pretty good it was nice-sounding and didn’t take up a huge amount of time. Plus it wasn’t a lot of songs so it wasn’t obnoxious to hear like every 10 minutes.

With all that said, “Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe” is a solid film that gives off the charm of the cartoon in a feature movie with its clever jokes, interesting premise, and great character interactions.

A four out of five stars a solid film for both fans of the series and the whole family can sit on the tv and enjoy the whole way through.

Oscar Torres
Oscar Torres, Co-Arts and Entertainment Editor
Oscar Torres is one of the Co-Arts & Entertainment editors here in Cerritos college. He’s been wanting to study journalism since high school and since then he’s been working hard to continue his goal. He enjoys all things entertainment from manga, film, shows/cartoons, music and video games. Oscar hopes to transfer to CSULA to continue his career in journalism in hope of one day working in a news group that he is passionate about or starting his own brand for all things entertainment.